While travel is absolutely looking different this summer, we shouldn’t forget that there are great vacation destinations right in our own backyards. Thankfully, Travel and Leisure just gave us a little kick in the pants about it, with a list of the top 10 city hotels in Canada.
Vancouver clinched both the 1 and 2 spots this year and bumped the Ritz-Carlton in Montreal down to third place. The Loden Hotel took the top spot while Rosewood Hotel Georgia nabbed second place. With four hotels in total on the list, it’s clear that Vancouver continues to be Canada’s top hotel city.
View this post on Instagram
Surprisingly, Toronto didn’t land on the list until the 6th spot with the Drake Hotel. And as for brands? Well, The Fairmont continues to defend its crown as the most desirable hotel chain in Canada, with 3 (Quebec City, Toronto and Vancouver) all sitting pretty.
Sadly, no love was given for the Prairies this year. We don’t think they’ll be too worried though since Alberta in particular practically swept the resort hotels category instead. Hey, there’s treasure to be found all over Canada!
Here is the full top ten:
1. Loden Hotel – Vancouver
2. Rosewood Hotel Georgia – Vancouver
3. The Ritz-Carlton – Montreal
4. Hôtel Nelligan – Montreal
5. Auberge Saint-Antoine – Quebec City
6. The Drake – Toronto
7. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa – Vancouver
8. The Ritz-Carlton – Toronto
9. Fairmont Le Château Frontenac – Quebec City
10. (tie) The Fairmont Royal York – Toronto & The Fairmont Waterfront – Vancouver
If you’d like to find out more about the list of the top 10 city hotels in Canada in full, just click here.