On Monday, August 14th, Environment Canada issued a “prolonged heat wave” along the South Coast, with temperatures reaching as high as 37°C away from water.
This warning is in effect until Wednesday, August 16th – so we figured we’d share some ways to beat the heat in the meantime.
With that in mind, here are some ways to stay cool during the heatwave in Vancouver.
Here are all the indoor and outdoor pools you can visit in the city:
- Kitsilano Pool– 2305 Cornwall Avenue
- Maple Grove Pool– 6875 Yew Street
- Second Beach Pool– Stanley Park Drive and North Lagoon Drive
- Hillcrest Aquatic Centre– 4575 Clancy Loranger Way
- New Brighton Pool– 3201 New Brighton Road
View this post on Instagram
Next up, we’ve got some refreshing spray parks. There are actually quite a few of them around the city, and they’re available on a first-come, first-served basis. Here, buttons located around the park will activate water features for 5 minutes at a time, to help conserve the city’s water usage.
- Connaught Park- 2390 West 10th Avenue
- CRAB Park at Portside- 101 East Waterfront Road
- Chaldecott Park- 4175 Wallace Street
- Garden Park- 1851 Garden Drive
- Grandview Park- 1657 Charles Street
- Harbour Green Park- 1199 West Cordova
- Hastings Park- 2901 East Hastings Street
- Hinge Park- 215 W 1st Avenue
- Lumberman’s Arch in Stanley Park- 3301 Stanley Park Drive
- MacLean Park- 710 Keefer Street
- Norquay Park- 5050 Wales Street
- Oak Park- 900 W 59th Avenue
- Pandora Park- 2325 Franklin Street
- Prince Edward Park- 3773 Prince Edward Street
Finally – we’ve got some wading pools to add to the mix, if those are more your jam.
- Douglas Park – 801 West 22nd Avenue
- Bobolink Park – 2510 Hoylake Avenue
- Clinton Park – 2690 Grant Street
- Collingwood Park – 5275 McKinnon Street
- Grays Park – 4850 St. Catherines Street
- Renfrew Park – 2929 East 22nd Avenue
- Robson Park – 599 Kingsway Avenue
- Ross Park – 7474 Ross Street
- Slocan Park – 2750 East 29th Avenue
- Sunrise Park – 1950 Windermere Street
- Trimble Park (West Point Grey Park) – 2250 Trimble Street
- Woodland Park – 705 Woodland Drive
So there you have it, Vancouver. Check out a new spray park or pool out of your usual routine, and stay cool!