Well folks, it looks like we’re in for a few screaming hot days over the next week. And, we think knowing your options when it comes to cooling off is a good idea. So, we rounded up all of the spray parks and outdoor pools around Vancouver to help you beat the heat. Let’s check it out!
First up are the outdoor pools. There are currently 5 of them open around Vancouver, and reservations are required to visit. So, maybe check-in for an early morning/late night dip:
- Kitsilano Pool– 2305 Cornwall Avenue
- Maple Grove Pool– 6875 Yew Street
- Second Beach Pool– Stanley Park Drive and North Lagoon Drive
- Hillcrest Aquatic Centre– 4575 Clancy Loranger Way
- New Brighton Pool– 3201 New Brighton Road
View this post on Instagram
Next, we’ve got the spray parks. There are actually quite a few of them around the city, and they’re available on a first-come, first-served basis. Here, buttons located around the park will activate water features for 5 minutes at a time, to help conserve the city’s water usage.
- Connaught Park- 2390 West 10th Avenue
- CRAB Park at Portside- 101 East Waterfront Road
- Chaldecott Park- 4175 Wallace Street
- Garden Park- 1851 Garden Drive
- Grandview Park- 1657 Charles Street
- Harbour Green Park- 1199 West Cordova
- Hastings Park- 2901 East Hastings Street
- Hinge Park- 215 W 1st Avenue
- Lumberman’s Arch in Stanley Park- 3301 Stanley Park Drive
- MacLean Park- 710 Keefer Street
- Norquay Park- 5050 Wales Street
- Oak Park- 900 W 59th Avenue
- Pandora Park- 2325 Franklin Street
- Prince Edward Park- 3773 Prince Edward Street
Vancouver is also home to its fair share of wading pools, however, those aren’t scheduled to open until the start of July. So, when it comes to cooling off outside (and not at the beach), this is what you’ve got to work with! It’s still a pretty impressive list, we think.
So, get out there and make the most of it!