Tired of life in the big city? This ranking is right up your alley. A new list of the best small cities in Canada for 2022 has come out, with picks across the country. But, we will say that two provinces are clearly the favourites here. Let’s check it out.
The list comes from Resonance Consultancy, a Vancouver-based firm that is one of the “leading advisors in real estate, tourism and economic development.” To create the list, Resonance used 6 different categories to sum up the offerings of each pick:
- Place (natural and built environment)
- Product (attractions and major institutions)
- Programming (arts, culture, entertainment and culinary scene)
- People (immigration rate and diversity)
- Prosperity (employment and corporate landscape)
- Promotion (online recommendations and recognition)
View this post on Instagram
From there, here’s what Resonance came up with for the 10 best small cities in Canada for 2022:
- Victoria, BC
- Kelowna, BC
- Kingston, Ontario
- Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Waterloo, Ontario
- North Vancouver, BC
- Burlington, Ontario
- Guelph, Ontario
- Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Lethbridge, Alberta
As you can see, BC and Ontario really dominated the rankings, representing 8 of the top 10 picks nationwide. However, it’s worth noting that further down the list gets a little more diverse, with Fredericton and Lethbridge kicking things off for the less, uh, populous provinces.
So, if you’re looking for a new place to move to, this is a good starting point!