Calling all you ghosts and ghouls, October is here and that means spooky season has officially kicked off. Now, this year is looking a little different than usual, but we’ve got a pretty wicked event along with a bunch of cool prizes that you have to check out. Let’s take a look at Monster March 2020, shall we?
Started by Wee Wild Ones in 2017, Monster March transformed from a one-day event to a month-long, city-wide fundraiser. This year, they hope to raise $50,000 for the Children’s Cottage Society. From October 1st to 31st, Monsters of all ages are encouraged to dress up in their spookiest attire and explore the city with their friends and family. While exploring, you’ll track your distance on Strava through the Monster March 2020 Strava Club and earn prizes along the way for collecting donations. Oh, and the grand prize goes to the team with the most kms tracked, so you’ll want to make sure you get those steps in!
You can even follow along the Monster Maps highlighting destinations throughout the city, so whether you’re sticking to your neighbourhood or venturing out and about, there will be no shortage of places to explore and rack up those KMs!
Let’s simplify it- here is exactly how you can take part in Monster March:
- Register on the official Monster March page, and pay your $10 registration fee that includes your personalized donation page
- Create a team and share the page with friends, fam, and beyond
- Set your fundraising goal and earn prizes along the way
- Track your distance on the Monster March 2020 Strava Club
And then, the team with the most kms tracked for the month will win a Village Ice Cream Party for 20 people!
And as exciting as all of that is, we’re not done! Since adults deserve treats on Halloween too, Monster March has set up some pretty stellar collabs that also contribute to the fundraising goal.
- ‘88 Brewing has created a dry hopped pilsner called Little Monsters, which will be sold in their taproom this month. $1 from every pint of Little Monsters sold will go directly to Children’s Cottage Society
- Milk Jar’s Aurora candle is all of the best fall scents, wrapped into one. The best part about it, is that $5 from the sale of every Aurora candle will go directly to Children’s Cottage Society
- Lil Empire Burger’s new location in Bridgeland will be slinging their Plain Jane Hot Dogs, and $1 from the purchase of each will go towards the Children’s Cottage Society
- True Buch’s Spiced Apple Kombucha is the embodiment of fall festivities in one delicious, tart bevy, and 10% of online growler sales of the flavour will go towards Children’s Cottage Society
Well then little monsters, what are you waiting for?! Get signed up and start marching!
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now