Macklemore, Ciara and others become new owners of Seattle Sounders FC
Seattle’s professional soccer squad just got a lot higher of a profile with the announcement of their new ownership group. Names like Macklemore, power couple Ciara and Seahawks QB Russel Wilson, and a bunch of current and former Microsoft executives make up the new ownership group of Seattle Sounders FC.
Since 2009, Sounders FC has played in the MLS, North America’s top professional soccer league. It didn’t take long for Sounders FC to become the crown jewel of MLS’s attendance records, bringing in over 40,000 screaming soccer fans per game. Obviously, that sparked some interest in some of Seattle’s most prominent stars, athletes, and business execs.
Spearheaded by a former Microsoft exec named Terry Myerson, the new owners are a joint group of star power and wealth. Here’s a list of some of the big wigs taking over Seattle Sounders FC ownership group:
- Former Microsoft executive Terry Myerson and wife Katie Myerson
- Popstar Ciara and her husband Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks quarterback
- Former Microsoft executive Soma Somasegar and wife Akila Somasegar
- Twilio chief product officer Chee Chew and wife Christine Chew, former Microsoft program manager
- Hip-hop artist Macklemore and wife Tricia Davis
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and wife Anu Nadella
- Former Pandora CEO Brian McAndrews and wife Elise Holschuh
- Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore and wife Kristina Belfiore
- Microsoft CFO Amy Hood and husband Max Kleinman
- Former Fox Sports executive David Nathanson and wife Sabina Nathanson
- Softbank managing partner Mark Agne and wife Tomoko Agne
Did you notice someone missing? Yeah, us too. We’ll go ahead and assume our owners invite got lost in the mail. Regardless, we’ll send Ciara a quick DM to make sure she didn’t forget us.