It’s that time of the year folks, when you have a legit excuse to get experimental with your baking. So, if you are ready to take your April 20 baking to the next level, we’ve got just the recipe for you. Enter: beer-infused brownies made with the oh-so-delicious Hop Valley Bubble Stash beer. This unlikely duo makes for a delicious April 20 experience!
It is no secret that the hops in beers and cannabis are cousins of sorts. They both derive flavours and aromas from the same compounds called terpenes. This is why beer brownies make for the perfect snack to satisfy your cravings.
Introduced to Canadians in 2021, Hop Valley is a brewery that’s all about the Pacific Northwest spirit. And their Bubble Stash IPA, made with their secret stash of Cryo Hops, is perfect for adding some hoppy goodness to your baked treats.
If you’re interested in getting experimental, this recipe is right up your alley. The best part is that you can sip on this bright, tropical and sweet ale as you bake to kick off your day. Better yet, enjoy a can with your brownies… the unlikely delicious duo makes for the ultimate 4/20 alternative, in case you were looking for one.
Anyway, here’s the fun and easy recipe-
- 120g of butter
- 140g of chocolate
- 125g of flour
- 50g of cocoa powder
- 60g of brown sugar
- 130g of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125ml of Hop Valley Bubble Stash (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave with the butter (approx 30 seconds).
- Mix the melted butter and chocolate with the Hop Valley Bubble Stash.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, flour and cocoa powder.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour the mix of chocolate, butter and Hop Valley Bubble Stash into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. To check done-ness, poke with a toothpick-they are done when it comes out clean.
- Open a Hop Valley Bubble Stash and dig in!
Oh, and if you get creative with your Hop Valley Bubble Stash bakes, be sure to share your hoppy creations on IG. And don’t forget to use #HopValley420 and tag @hopvalleycanada.
Cheers to the perfect pairing!
You can ride & work on a magical glass-domed train through the Rocky Mountains this spring
A recent study by Maytag revealed Canada’s hairiest cities & the reason is so relatable
Read more in Lifestyle
This free and handy app gives you your free credit score & matches you with some of Canada’s top credit cards
48 new stores now open & opening soon in Toronto
10 exciting tech companies hiring in Toronto right now
These Canadian cities are among world’s most LGBTQ+ friendly destinations
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now