It may seem highly unlikely for your car to suddenly disappear from where you parked it, but in fact, it’s more common than you might think. Car thefts remain an issue in Toronto and it seems like certain vehicles are more vulnerable to theft than others.
According to a list shared with Curiocity by Toronto Police, the Honda Cr-V was the city’s most commonly stolen car in 2021, with 650 of them stolen over the past year. This has to make them one of the most popular Honda models for both buyers and shall we say, borrowers. There are 236 more incidents with Cr-V’s than the second most stolen car on the list, the Lexus Rx350.
View this post on Instagram
Someone at Honda Canada would do well to use this data in their next advertising campaign. Especially with the companies recent Instagram caption “Cuz its born, born to be…” stolen, obviously. Alright enough with the jokes, here are the rest of Toronto’s most frequently stolen cars of 2021.
- Honda Cr-V (654 incidents)
- Lexus Rx350 (418 incidents)
- Honda Civic (260 incidents)
- Land Rover Range Rover (225 incidents)
- Toyota Highlander (200 incidents)
- Ford F150 (176 incidents)
- Honda Accord (145 incidents)
- Toyota Corolla (123 incidents)
- Toyota Rav4 (70 incidents)
- Hyundai Elantra (62 incidents)
There you have it, folks! if you own a Honda or a Toyota be sure to lock your doors! Is it too early for us to start making bets on next year’s top 10? Anyway, have fun and stay safe out there.