Happy Hour of the Week: 1/2 price beachy cocktails and sake at Lulu Bar
Welcome to another Curiocity Calgary Happy Hour of the Week! This edition features our newest friends on 17th: Lulu Bar. Where the beach meets chic, this pacific inspired Calgary hot spot is more than just a cool Insta pic. It has a chef-driven menu that’s loaded with innovative dishes from Hot Dog Bao to Curry Coconut Linguini. Let’s check it out!
But that’s not what we’re here to tell ya about, is it?! Nope! We’re here to tell you all about the cheap drink deals to get you through the impending work week. Their drink menu has a variety of sake, wine, beer, and a whack of tropical bevies. And we’re happy to tell ya that drinks are 50% off from 2 to 5 pm, seven dang days a week. Some exclusions apply, so here are the deets.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Tiki Tiki
- Shareable Cocktails
- Wine bottles over $71
- The last 6 beers on the Draught Menu
That might seem like a lot to exclude, but don’t worry. They’ve got an extensive drink list on special that’ll quench any thirst. From their cocktail list, here are our top picks.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Milk & Honey with gin, nigori sake, chamomile, honey, orange blossom, and prosecco.
- Booch Bunn with reposado tequila, elderflower, pineapple & hops kombucha, mint, lemon, pear vinegar and sea salt.
- Lulubear with pisco, nigori sake, rhubarb liqueur, Cocchi Americano, lemon, and absinthe.
We’re not gonna tell you about their wine and beer list, ‘cause honestly, it’s all good. BUT, we are going to give you the low-down on their Sake Menu, because 2019 is the year of sake.
- Fukucho “Seaside” Junmai is a citrusy, acidic sake with a hint of umami flavour
- Amabuki Junmai Ginjo “Strawberry” is a fruity delight that’s both fresh and light
- Kaiun “Better Fortune” Junmai Ginjo has hints of apples, pears, and bananas
Well, you thirsty animals, there you have it. Happy sippin’ and savin’!
Where: Lulu Bar, 510 17 Ave SW
When: Mon-Sun, 2 to 5 pm