Looking for a job, specifically a seasonal job? Our local tech giant, Amazon might be one of your best bets. The company is hiring 250,000 employees this holiday season, “making its largest ever annual investment in U.S. hourly wages.”
Amazon is hiring for all sorts of roles, full-time, part-time, and seasonal fulfillment center and transportation jobs across the US. According to the company they are the “country’s leading job creator—adding more than 800,000 jobs in the last five years.”
View this post on Instagram
The company currently has over 500 roles open through their head office. These are jobs that for the most part are highly skilled with focuses in software development and systems engineering.
When it comes to the new roll out of jobs, there are currently two main roles open. These are Delivery Station Customer Service Associate (Up to $20.95 an hour) and Delivery Station Warehouse Associate (Up to $19.75). Both are full time positions with the Customer Service role based in Bremerton and the Warehouse Associate role based in Everett.
For customer service they require the following experience:
- “High School or equivalent diploma
- Previous experience in Customer Service
- Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Outlook
- Familiarity with multiple web browsers, data base searching, and instant messenger tools”
For the warehouse role, they expect the following from employees:
- “Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)”
As this new job announcement has just rolled out, it’s likely more local positions will be added. Until then you can view the current new postings through Amazon and we will keep you updated.